Call for Workshops/Tutorials
Workshops and tutorials will be held on Sunday, October 1st and Thursday, October 5th to promote interactions among practitioners and researchers interested in deeper engagement with relevant topics for the robotics community. We ask proposers to plan a program geared for in-person participation and to consider their event’s support needs (e.g., the maximum number of posters, space needs, etc.) while preparing their proposals. Proposers are asked to ensure a diversity of thought and background in their event.
Proposals for half-day or full-day workshops and tutorials with topics related to the conference scope are all welcome:
- Workshops should focus on engaging their attendees in active participation with the invited speakers.
- Tutorials should contain pedagogical material (i.e., akin to a short course) to present and explain recent methods to a wide variety of attendees.
All proposals for workshops/tutorials will be submitted in PDF format through PaperPlaza, and must use the provided template. Submitted proposals are limited to 10 pages.
Evaluation criteria of the workshop/tutorial proposals:
The Workshops and Tutorials Committee will evaluate proposals based on the following points:
- The importance and relevance of the proposed topics with respect to the conference scope.
- The soundness of the plans to engage and foster active participation of the attendees throughout the event.
- The inclusiveness of the event to people with different backgrounds and expertise.
- The diversity and experience of the organizers.
Note: Upon acceptance, the organizers will be required to provide a final abstract and a dedicated website for their workshop/tutorial.
- PaperPlaza submission site open for workshop and tutorial proposals: Jan. 15th, 2023
- Workshop/Tutorial proposal submission deadline: Mar. 15th, 2023
- Deadline for (optional) letters of financial support: Mar. 20th, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: Apr. 28th, 2023
- Submission of final title and abstract: May 15th, 2023
- Submission of the URL of the event website containing an updated schedule: Sept. 1st, 2023
- Workshops and Tutorials: Oct. 1st and Oct. 5th, 2023
Workshop Proposal Template >
Tutorial Proposal Template >